Green Cards

Obtaining a green card is known as obtaining permanent resident status in the United States. A green card offers individuals the opportunity to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. Many individuals are able to obtain citizenship after maintaining permanent resident status.

I am attorney John Nguyen, and I have been through the U.S. immigration process myself. In 1981, I came to the United States. Both as an attorney and as an immigrant, I understand how stressful the process can be. This allows me to better assist clients in all stages of the immigration process.

Obtaining Permanent Resident Status

There are several ways to obtain a green card, and I can discuss with you your individual options based on your unique circumstances. Some of these options include:

  • Obtaining a green card through relatives
  • Obtaining a green card through marriage
  • Obtaining a green card through employment
  • Obtaining a green card through investment
  • Obtaining an asylum green card through refugee status

The process of seeking permanent resident status varies depending on where the petitioner lives. Individuals living outside the United States need to interview at the U.S. consulate or at a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

The U.S. immigration process is complex and time-consuming. Not only do I prepare the paperwork necessary to apply for a green card, I also prepare clients for their interviews with immigration officials. This extra step gives clients peace of mind and a sense of preparedness during an often stressful process.

Contact A California Green Card Lawyer

For more information about getting a green card in the United States, contact my law office in Modesto, Stockton or San Jose.

From offices in Modesto, San Jose and Stockton, California, certified immigration specialist John Nguyen serves clients from every continent, including Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe and North and South America, with immigration law issues throughout the Sacramento Valley, Stanislaus County and San Joaquin County in communities such as Modesto, Stockton, Manteca, Lodi, Ceres, Ripon, Merced, Turlock, Oakdale and Riverbank.

Modesto Office

Stockton Office

San Jose Office


Get the latest Immigration news from John Nguyen Law Offices in your inbox.