Legal Blog

Agreeing to invest money into the American economy may be among the most effective ways to relocate to the United States legally. Depending on the type of visa that you want, it may be possible to obtain legal status by making a commitment to start your own California company.

Expect to invest at least $500,000

To obtain an EB-5 regional center investment visa, you will need to provide a minimum of $500,000 to a project that employs at least 10 people. The benefit of applying for this type of visa is that the government will work with you to provide a legitimate opportunity to earn a return on your investment.

You can apply for an EB-5 direct investment visa by providing at least $1 million to a business that you are directly involved in with 10 or more employees. Once you obtain an EB-5 direct investment visa, your spouse and other family members will likely be allowed to join you in the United States.

Your company may decide to transfer you to the United States

If your foreign employer has an affiliate in the United States, you may be eligible to work at that branch location. This assumes that you are remaining in the same position that you held while working in your country of origin, and you must have at spent at least a year working for your current employer.

An immigration attorney may be able to help you through the process of applying for an investment or other type of visa. The attorney may also assist in the process of bringing your family to the country with you. If you have questions about your legal status after you arrive in the United States, a legal professional may be able to help you understand immigration law.

Modesto Office

Stockton Office

San Jose Office


Get the latest Immigration news from John Nguyen Law Offices in your inbox.